We love our brands here at Solestruck, but we have a special place in our hearts for our small indie designers. However, every now and again, someone comes along so special that we just have to stop and say…”What the hell!?” James Price is that What the Hell—and ever since our first run-in with him in Las Vegas—we have refust to fall out of love with this LA based indie shoe designer and stylist. His over-the-top shoe antics, and insane personal style keep James at the top of our list of all things major! His created-by-hand shoes have become a cult classic with our most forward and daring clients—his creations continue to carve out a place for him with the most daring fashionistas on the globe. James is a client and friend and one of our favorite designers—we thought you might want to take some time off this season to learn more about what inspires the mind, madness, and man behind Haus of Price. If you like it glitzed up, well, Welcome home, welcome to Haus of Price. We love you James!
NAME: James Price
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
RELATIONSHIP TO SOLESTRUCK: Vendor, friend, and avid shoe lover.
SIGN: Gemini ALL THE WAY BABY
SIGNATURE COCKTAIL: Dirty Belvedere Martini
NUMBER OF SHOES: 40 plus pairs
CELEBRITY CRUSH: Andrej Pejic
FAVORITE HOLIDAY GUILTY PLEASURE: Eggnog.. the naughty kind.
1. What is your most cherished or one very special holiday memory?
My most cherished holiday memory is from when I was about 5 and I got a cabbage patch doll with green eyes and blonde hair and it was all I had wanted all year.
2. Do you have any special traditions with your family, or where you are from?
I’m originally from Louisiana and being a Cajun boy every season my family does a deep friend turkey.. so bad.. but soo good.
I will be spending NYE in Los Angeles with some close friends and some bottles of Rose’.
4. If you could grant one wish this holiday season, no matter how large, what would it be?
If I could grant one wish this holiday season it would be to grant the Sea Shepard’s a whole new fleet of ships. I feel really strongly about what they are doing and I feel they are really sending a strong message.
If I could find one person in my stocking it would be, Queen Beyonce because I would love to have her sing all of my Christmas carols
6. If, hypothetically, you were going to gift yourself one pair of shoes from Solestruck, which shoe would it be?
Considering that I own almost every pair of the shoes that come in my size, I would have to say the other 2 colors of the Moonspoon Salon x Buffalo shoes that I don’t have. You can never have to many flatform sneakers to wear to the gym.
7. If you were going to gift someone on your list a shoe from our site—who would it be for and which shoe would you give them?
I would gift my best friend Leah the Dolce Vita Layna because its super affordable with an amazing shape and could transform with a million ensembles.
8. Give us a percentage breakdown of how Naughty Vs Nice you have been this year.
Naughty: 60 Nice 40
9. Be honest—-egg nog lattes?
NO WAY!! Eggnog Daiquiri’s all day!
10. Send us out with a holiday greeting for your friends, and the solestruck fans!
January, where are you? Come for me soon—but bring me a beverage! Happy Holidays Solestruck fans!