No, the temperature isn’t rising just yet (in fact, our weather in Portland is the coldest it’s been all winter) but spring shoe styles are already beginning to arrive at Solestruck.com. To prepare you for the sunny days to come, I’m going to share some of the season’s upcoming trends and how to wear them.
- Bright colors. Just like the brilliant blooms of all your favorite flowers, spring shoe styles also sport a variety of vibrant colors. This year we’re seeing a special emphasis on fruity shades like orange, lime and banana, such as the Roxy Ace.
- Cut-outs. To keep on the cutting edge, consider a spring shoe style with a cut-out look. Whether it be punched, perforated, laser-cut or mesh, this look is nothing if not innovative. You’ll find it on everything from athletic shoes to dress pumps, too.
- Prints and patterns. What’s the perfect way to add some spice to an outfit without overdoing it? With a fantastic printed shoe, of course! From fancy florals to retro geometrics (like the Yellow Box Scarf), spring shoe styles with an eye-catching pattern let you inject your own personality into an outfit that would otherwise just be average.
- Metallics. Alright, the metallic trend never really left, but this spring it’s becoming more evident than ever. Always a staple in evening wear, metallic shoe styles are now appearing in the form of flats, casuals, boots, even sneakers! Especially prevalent are the age-old favorites, silver and gold.
- Patents. The last item on our list of spring shoe styles is still going strong from winter … the polished patent shine. This trend will pair beautifully with either the metallic shades (as seen on the Guess Altaira). We’d also love to see a shiny finish on that vibrant rainbow we mentioned at the beginning!
Leave a Reply